1. I sanded and filled in nooks with spackle. I then applied a layer of gesso.
2. Then, I did a tissuepaper collage using decoupage medium with the tissue from the baby shower gifts in a landscape scene.
3. I drew out my tattoo (Maya sunflower) and my husband's tattoo (Indonesian mountain), and a lily (in honor of our daughter Lillian) on separate paper with watercolor pencils. I applied these with decoupage medium on the back.
4. I finished with clear Krylon spray (decoupage would have smudged the watercolor too much).
5. I left the edges unfinished and hung with a ribbon.